Monday 21 November 2016

Starting out

Hey! I guess I should start with who I am, im Amy, a 23 year old from Cornwall, England, who has always wanted to travel but has only now manned up enough to do it haha!

So, you may be wondering what Fernweh means. I saw a quote on Pinterest (amazing app if you haven't heard of it) that stated 'Fernweh, the feeling of missing somewhere you've never been'. Instantly I was drawn to that word as I never knew there was a word that defined how I felt. The beach part, well I just LOVE the beach, simple as.

 

So, having never done a long haul flight before I thought I'd have the genius idea of joining one of my best friends Jade with going travelling for three months.

Brave or or down right crazy?! Not sure yet...

It took a while but I managed to get some unpaid leave from work and then the excitement/anxiety hit. Having to leave my family and also my boyfriend at home (until he joins me), was a scary prospect. 

Definitely for the last couple of years, and probably long before... I have always lived by the motto 'live every day like its your last' and for the first time in 23 years I'm putting that motto into action.... 

First stop Melbourne, then making our way up to Sydney before joining a Contiki tour in New Zealand. Being spring I wasn't expecting much sun so then onto Fiji after that, before having seven weeks to travel down the east coast of Australia from Cairns to Melbourne. Eleven weeks in all. The boyfriends joining us in Brisbane for the late three and a half weeks!

 

I would say bring it on.... but I've already made it through two weeks before having the guts to start this blog, so bring on the next 9 weeks as I'm loving it so far!

Speak soon, Amy x

No comments:

Post a Comment